~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Welcome! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Bye Bye Outback

I had to trade in my 2010 Outback 2.5i because of head gasket leakage. The dealer said that the engine will need to be replaced. I got multiple quotes but the cost was too high. Moreover, the ten year warranty on the transmission had also expired. It was mostly serviced by the dealer. The head gasket leak caused coolant loss and engine overheating. I could not drive for more than a mile or two without stopping to cool down the engine.

The Outback served as well in the three states we lived in- freezing cold WY and UT to hot TX. My favorite part was that it was very roomy for passengers as well as cargo. I also liked the large windows and good visibility. I did not have to think twice about loading it up. The least favorite part was the CVT drone and the barely enough acceleration.

No comments:

Post a Comment